Limespring Summer Maths Boosters!
A week-long summer morning school is offered to provide a boost before the new academic year to primary-aged children who are less confident in numeracy.
Limespring School specialises in unlocking the potential of children with learning differences such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia, although the specialist techniques we use work well with all children.
The Limespring Summer Maths Booster is aimed at children aged between 6 and 11 and will run in the mornings for one week over the summer holiday.
The week-long course will be:
- Fun and intensive! Children learn best when they are engaged in the content. Children engage best when they are having fun.
- Run 29th August – 1st September
- Held in the mornings – from 09.30-12.30.
- Run by specialist teaching staff trained and experienced in meeting the individual needs of children, with a ratio of one specialist teacher to three children.
- Based in purpose-designed and well-equipped premises in East Finchley, and using the latest in assistive and interactive technology.
- Based around numeracy – number, fractions, times-tables, time, money – and an introduction to touch-typing.
Having completed the programme our aim is for your child to better access their school’s curriculum and better equipped to engage with their learning, as well as being able to touch-type.
The Principal of Limespring School, Denise Drinkwater (MSc, BsC, OCR Cert SPLD) will lead the Limespring Summer Maths Booster week. Denise has many years’ experience in teaching children on a one-to-one and small group basis and unlocking their potential.
The cost of the week is inclusive of all materials, snacks and drinks and includes a home version of the Englishtype package to enable practice between sessions.